Wednesday 5 October 2011

BACK TO BLACK

As Autumn is drawing near and skies grow dark and grey - these stark black images felt quite suitable to welcome the dawn of a new season.  Striking but not uninviting or dull - these images burst unexpectedly with life and the invitation to dare; to risk; to live to the full!

                                    
 

Image 1:  via vosgesparis blog which I recently stumbled upon, and what a delightful blog! I can imagine it will soon become a firm favorite of mine!  Back to the image though.... its of a couple's guestroom and the home owners say to always leave a little note for their guests. Imagine arriving to that lush room and a crispy white piece of paper sticking out of the typewriter with some sweet words on it.... such a simple but beautiful idea.  I have an old typewriter: still in storage,  sadly.  Perhaps I'd rather have it out so everyday we can just type one line, or one message for the day... And then reflect once the page is full.

Image 2: via pinterest and just in time for Halloween!   I love the simplicity of the styling, and the richness of the background- various beautiful textures and then just the one shiny red toffee apple!

Image 3:  via emmas designblogg and this is another one of my firm favorites.  Always something beautiful and fresh and uber inspiring; also Scandinavian - they just have such great style!  The image is styled by AnoukB and photographed by Marjon Hoogervorst and inspired by a recent trip to Paris in the summer.  I love the blackboard painted wall - such a fun idea. Black, white, grey: spots and stripes - monochrome perfection!

Image 4:  via inspiring moments I love his image!

Image 5:  via AnoukBs Interior Blog and its from the same group as Image 3.  Parisian influence, understated and inviting, quite simple yet aesthetically so pleasing.
Image 6:  via desire to inspire  Image by photographer Jan Luijk and it's of artist and interior designer Monique Meij-Beekman's striking home. Home sweet home! Atmospheric and beautifully curated.

Image 7:  via emmas designblogg and it's from the same group as 3 and 5.  Black white and wood, and I just love *love* the T-shirt!

Well that's more than enough from me for today - I hope you enjoy these beautiful images as much as I have enjoyed sharing them with you all.  I'd like to here what you think, so please feel free to say hello and leave a comment.




No comments:

Post a Comment